Security Serious Week is five days dedicated to helping UK businesses understand the importance of information security. It consists of a one-day conference, the unsung heroes awards, and over 50 webinars, amongst other activities.
AlienVault was a proud sponsor of the 2016 Unsung Heroes Award, and so I went along to check it out..
The Unsung Hero Awards are designed to give the unsung heroes in IT Security the recognition they deserve.
With 14 categories and a plethora of nominations, even the shortlist began to look rather long. The event was well-attended, with winners receiving trophies in addition to superhero capes and masks. Adding much needed levity to such events that can often end up taking themselves a bit too seriously. (no pun intended).
I was there to capture all the glory of the event which turned out to be a great night.
The full list of winners is below.
- CISO Supremo
– Mark Jones, Allen & Overy
– Avtar Sehmbi, HSBC
– Dr Robert Coles, GSK
– Thom Langford, Publicis Groupe
– Andrew Rose, NATS
- Godfather of Security
– Brian Shorten, Charities Security Forum
– Professor Fred Piper, Royal Holloway University
- Security Avengers
– Publicis Groupe Team
- Best Security Awareness Campaign
– Amar Singh, GiveADay
- Social Media Saviour
– Katie Sanderson, Lockcode Cyber Security
- Mobile Mogul
– Charles Brookson, Azenby
- Security Leader
– Quentyn Taylor, Canon
- Cloud Security Superhero
– Andrew Hardie, BCS
- Fraud Fighter
– Luis Aguair, Metro Bank
- Game Changer
– Hugh Boyes, IET Cyber Security
- Marathon (Wo)Man
– Vicki Gavin, Economist Group
- Spidey Sense
– Professor John Walker, HEX Forensics
- Captain Compliance
– Eddie Dynes, Gatwick Airport
- Cyber Writer
– Warwick Ashford, Computer Weekly